Saturday, March 23, 2024

Not For Long

Caption text
The NFL is often said to stand for ‘Not For Long’, and my career reflects this. As I grew up, I built a personality around Football. High school star to College Starter and a brief stint in the NFL, then injuries took me out. 
After flunking out of the league, I had a lot of self discovery to do. All of this masculine ‘bravado’ was to hide my true self, and lie to myself. I was a trans women. 
Even after this realisation, I tragically wasn’t able to act on it publicly. I was a huge NFL player, a public figure and a regular pundit on ESPN. If I were to transition, I would draw so much attention and no doubt receive abuse from my ‘fans’.
That is why the Great Shift was a literal life-saver for me. Finally, my outside matches my inside. 10 years younger and an incredibly attractive women, I was happy. 
I still am months after, even as my belly plumped up and it became clear my body had been in the early stages of pregnancy during the Great Shift. After all, what is a more true experience of womanhood than to give birth.
Of course, labour is scary but I’ve been in the NFL, so I like to think I’m pretty brave. I can’t wait to meet ‘my’ little one. 

1 comment: